Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Final Table Mistake and the Final Table

So I made one more mistake on my table that made the saturday table project feel more like an April table. If you recall I had to make six legs instead of the necessary two because I screwed the first two up.

I recently made another mistake that I'm finding is easy to make: with the end in sight, I rushed a little too much. I had milled the lumber for the table top and glued it up weeks ago, but hadn't sawn it to size. It was the last thing I needed to do and I cut the long dimension down to the short dimension size. I tried to compensate by make the short length of the top equally undersized, but it just didn't look right sitting on top of the apron and legs. So I had to go back and find some more lumber, mill it, glue it and then CAREFULLY cut it to size. Here is the end result:



Overall I am pretty happy with it. Two fo the legs are a little fatter than the others. Since the lumber is so crappy I will need to paint it.

With this project out of the way, we have almost turned our total attention back to the beds (Maverick is constantly sneaking over to his wood lathe).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home